MAKING LIFE EASIER: ONE-STOP SHOPS FOR GOVT SERVICES DELIVERED
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George today announced the rollout of ‘One-Stop Shops’ for the delivery of government services including in Lismore & Tweed Heads.
“Known as ‘One Gov’, a range of government services from Seniors Card applications and fishing licences through to the purchase of national park passes and birth, deaths and marriage applications, can now be accessed through Fair Trading offices,” Mr George said.
“This is all about making life easier for people.
“One year ago, Premier Barry O’Farrell committed to introduce one-stop shops for government services, now we are delivering. It’s common sense.
“I’m delighted Lismore & Tweed Heads have been selected as a site for these one stop shops. It will make dealing with government so much easier for the people of Lismore, Murwillumbah and surrounding areas.
A successful pilot program was launched in the middle of last year. It has now been rolled out at 24 locations across the state.
The additional services now available include:
- Births, Deaths and Marriages - lodgement of applications;
- Seniors Cards – lodgement of applications;
- National Parks – purchase of passes;
- NSW Housing – lodgement of applications;
- Fishing Licences – application and renewal;
- Office of State Revenue – payment of fines;
- Retail Tenancy Bonds – lodgement; and,
- Fair Trading offices will now offer a JP service