GEORGE WELCOMES LAUNCH OF EVENTS PROGRAM
The Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George has welcomed the announcement that the NSW Government has launched a new Sport & Recreation Events Program which is open to organisers of international, national and regional/rural sporting events held in NSW.
Mr George encouraged organisers of these events in the Lismore Electorate to apply for the Grant.
"The Sport and Recreation Events Program provides funding to support international, national and community level events to help talented athletes, officials and coaches develop their skills.
"Assisting sporting authorities and organisations attract financially viable sporting events to NSW is also a key objective of the program," Mr George said.
Those organisations eligible to apply include:
- National Sporting Organisation (NSO)
- State Sporting Organisations (SSO)
- Recognised industry bodies
- Incorporated not-for-profit sporting organisations e.g. host sporting club
- Event organisers which have a contractual arrangement with and or a letter of support form a national or state sporting organisation to deliver an event.
Grant applications are continuously open with rounds closing on 31 October 2012, 31 January 2013 and 30 April 2013.
Grants are capped at:
Applications must also contribute 50% or more to the staging of the event, which may include 'in-kind' support.
For further information and guidelines on the Sport and Recreation Events Grant Program including guidelines are available at www.dsr.nsw.gov.au or by phoning 13 13 02.