APPLY NOW FOR SPORT GRANTS
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP is encouraging local groups to apply for NSW Government grants that could fund new sport facilities or programs that help people get active.
The NSW Government is offering grants to local sporting groups and councils planning new and improved sports facilities or programs that increase participation in sport and recreation.
Mr George has invited applications for the first round of Sport and Recreation Participation and Facility Program grants this year.
I know we have a lot of passionate sports people and dedicated club volunteers here in [Electorate] who would love funding to improve their facilit
ies or run new programs, Mr George. I encourage them to make the most of this opportunity to secure a grant for their local project whether its building new netball courts, installing shading at a swimming pool or running a special tournament for disadvantaged young people.
Applications for Round One of the Sport and Recreation Participation and Facility Program 2013-14 open on 16 September and close on 30 October 2013.
Key points of the program are:
- Grants are capped at $10,000 for participation projects and $25,000 for facility projects.
- Organisations may apply for multiple projects or project types, with the maximum available to any one organisation in a financial year capped at $50,000.
- Applicants must contribute 50% or more to the project.
Examples of projects eligible for funding:
- Facility projects the construction of new, fixed and portable facilities; and enhancement of existing facilities.
- Participation projects deliver a program or service that will assist people to become more active.
Projects that make sport and recreation facilities safer, more accessible and environmentally sustainable and programs that provide greater sporting options to seniors, people with a disability and other groups facing barriers to participation are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information and application guidelines, please visit the website at www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/grants or phone 13 13 02.