2013 COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERSHIP GRANTS ANNOUNCED FOR LISMORE ELECTORATE
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP today announced 18 projects would receive $300,000 the upgrading and construction of community infrastructure.
This grant funding has been provided under the NSW Government’s 2013 Community Building Partnership program.
“Building and restoring local infrastructure as well as supporting local construction jobs and businesses are a welcome boost in enhancing local investment in our community,” Mr George said.
“The NSW Government is getting on with the job to rebuild NSW by investing almost $60 billion for infrastructure across the State over the next four years.
“While we are delivering major infrastructure projects we understand the importance of local community infrastructure and potential benefits for local businesses.
“There was strong competition for the available funds and a high level of interest from the community. I look forward to seeing the benefits to our communities as projects are undertaken and put into use across Lismore electorate,” Mr George said.
Projects to receive funding are:
- All Saints Anglican Parish of Murwillumbah - construction of a disability access ramp
- Collins Creek Hall Reserve Trust - replacement of the exit ramp to Collins Creek Hall
- Far North Coast Baseball Assoc Inc - upgrade to the lighting at Albert Park Lismore
- Goolmangar School of Arts - upgrade of the kitchen at Goolmangar School of Arts
- Goonellabah and District Soccer Club ltd - upgrade of field lighting at Weston Park Goonellabah
- Joey's Pouch Early Years Educational - repair and upgrade of playground facilities and installation of a and Preschool Centre Inc. water tank
- Life Education NSW Limited - refurbishment of the Tweed Life Education mobile learning centre
- Lismore City Council - installation of rubber softfall for playground equipment at Nesbitt Park
- Lismore Richmond Rovers Football Club Inc. - drainage to Bill Harris Football Field at Nielson Park
- Muli Muli Ladies Aboriginal Corp - upgrade of basketball courts
- Murwillumbah Cricket - upgrade of disability toilets
- Murwillumbah Rowing Club - provision of multiple safety improvements
- Murwillumbah Rugby League Club Ltd - refurbishment and upgrade to the interior of the canteen at Stan Sercombe Oval Sporting Complex
- Murwillumbah Tennis Club Inc - provision of new lights on 4 synthetic grass courts
- RSL Lifecare Ltd - establishment of a war museum at Chauvel, Goonellabah
- Scouts Australia - NSW Branch - repairs and inspections of Lismore Scout Hall
- Uniting Church in Australia - pathway renewal at the Open Air Cathedral in Bexhill
- Wiangaree Public Hall Reserve Trust - installation of new kitchen and flooring