NOMINATE YOUR COMMUNITY CHAMPIONS FOR NSW VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
As Australia celebrates National Volunteer Week (12 to 18 May), Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP is calling on the community to nominate its most outstanding volunteers for a prestigious award.
Mr George said nominations are now open for the 2014 NSW Volunteer of the Year Award.
“Every day in our community I see the selfless contribution of so many volunteers who offer their time to make this area a better place – in our emergency services, our schools, our sports clubs, our hospitals and our parks,” said Mr George.
“They don’t expect anything in return, but we as a community can make the effort to recognise and celebrate their priceless contributions.”
Nominations open today across the following categories:
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Volunteer Team of the Year Award
- Excellence in NFP Volunteer Management Award
- Corporate Volunteer of the Year
- Adult Volunteer of the Year
- Senior Volunteer of the Year
- Student Volunteer of the Year Award (school students)
- Youth Volunteer of the Year Award (open to all those who have completed school and aged up to 24 years)
Nominations close on Sunday, 31 August 2014.
The NSW Government provides $30,000 towards the NSW Volunteer of the Year Award as part of its commitment to celebrate volunteering.
“This award honours the unsung heroes in our communities,” Mr George said.
“I encourage people across NSW to nominate the volunteers that make a difference in their lives.”
For more information and to nominate, please visit http://www.thecentreforvolunteering.com.au/2014-awards/nominate/. The winner will be announced on 5 December 2014 to coincide with International Volunteer Day.