LISMORE BENEFITS FROM STATE BUDGET
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP is pleased the Lismore electorate has benefited from the State Budget handed down today.
“A great community win is the $2.2 million funding has been delivered to commence by the end of this year the construction of the Lismore Hospital carpark.
“This will provide a solution to the historical problem which has been parking within the hospital precinct,” Mr George said.
$24.7 million will also be provided to continue works on the $80.2 million Stage 3a Lismore Hospital redevelopment.
Other funding will be given to the following projects –
- $2 million continued planning for the replacement of the bridge over the Clarence River on the Bruxner Highway at Tabulam
- $5 million for repainting the bridge over the Wilsons River on the Bruxner Highway at Lismore
- $2.75 million for natural disaster restoration works on Coopers Creek Road
- $1.15 million to Northern Rivers Community Transport Inc Home & Community Care
- $100,000 to Northern Rivers Social Development Council Community Transport Program
The Government will also provide $100,000 in additional funding for the electorate through the Community Building Partnership program. This will allow more community groups and councils to receive funding that will provide positive social, recreational and environmental outcomes in the local community.
$220 million will be invested to retain patient services and $107 million to maintain pensioner concessions - after the termination of National Partnership Agreements with the Federal Government.
“The Lismore electorate will benefit from this important infrastructure and community funding, which will assist our area,” Mr George said.