$492,099 TO IMPROVE PUBLIC RESERVES
The NSW Government has committed $493,000 to support the development, maintenance and improvement of public reserves across the electorate, Member for Lismore, Thomas George MP announced today.
Mr George said that under the latest round of the Public Reserves Management Fund Program, the NSW Government has allocated over $12 million in funding for upgrades to caravan parks, local parks and reserves, state parks and showground across the State.
“Public reserves are wonderful assets that are highly valued by local communities and are vital to the success of local sports, social clubs, business and tourism,” Mr George said.
“Showgrounds, caravan parks and local parks and reserves are the social and economic focal point of many of our local communities, and this funding will allow community trust managers to carry out improvements that will bring greater social and economic benefits to their local community.
“I am very pleased to announce that as part of this funding boost, the electorate will receive:
- Lismore Albert Park Reserve Trust $226,250
- Woodenbong Public Hall Trust $48,808
- Tabulam Public Hall Reserve Trust $43,796
- Parish Reserve for Bexhill $43,137
- Tyalgum Community Hall Association $30,000
- Murwillumbah Showground Trust $25,900
- Liston Children’s Playground Reserve Trust $23,430
- Toonumbar Common $16,539
- Tunglebung Public Recreation Reserve Trust $14,850
- Wyrallah Flood Refuge Reserve Trust $9,000
- Bundgeam for Community Purposes Reserve Trust $6,504
- Woodenbong Reserve Trust $3,885
“By supporting these vital projects the NSW Government is supporting and promoting economies, as well as the role our wonderful local volunteers play in the ongoing management of the Crown reserve system.”
“The PRMF is just one example of the NSW Government’s commitment to the cultural, sporting, environmental, economic and recreational life of communities across NSW,” Mr George said.