THANK A NURSE TODAY
Nationals Member for Lismore, Thomas George MP, today called on the community to thank a nurse today, on International Nurses Day.
“As the frontline heroes in our hospitals, our nurses deserve recognition for their humility and passion for their work.
“We thank them for their dedication and hard work, which largely goes unnoticed in our local hospitals and health facilities every day,” Mr George said.
In acknowledgement of this work the NSW Liberals & Nationals Government created the Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Awards to highlight the incredible work of the 48,000 nurses and midwives who work in the state’s public health system.
“If you work with, have been cared for or know of an exceptional nurse or midwife, please nominate them - they deserve to be recognised for what they do for our community.”
The third annual Excellence in Nursing and Midwifery Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Judith Meppem Lifetime Achievement Award
- Excellence in Nursing - Registered Nurse
- Excellence in Midwifery
- Excellence in Nursing - Enrolled Nurse
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery - Assistant in Nursing / Assistant in Midwifery
- Excellence in Leadership
- Excellence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Care
- Excellence in Innovation in Education
- Excellence in Innovation in Research
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery - Graduate (recognising Registered Nurses, Registered Midwives and Enrolled Nurses who completed their first year of practice in 2014)
- Consumer Appreciation Award
“I encourage community members, patients, colleagues and professionals to nominate nurses and midwives who demonstrate excellence and make a difference to the lives of their patients,” Mr George said.
Nominations open today and close on June 10. To nominate, go to: http://www.nursingmidwiferyawards.health.nsw.gov.au