LOCAL FACILITIES TO RECEIVE FUNDING BOOST
Nationals Member for Lismore, Thomas George MP, has today announced over $20,000 in NSW Government funding for local shooting clubs as part of the 2014/15 Safe Shooting Program.
Funding has been provided to the following organisations –
- Mt Lindesay Clay Target Club Inc - Purchase of four clay target throwers - $7,490
- Mt Lindesay Pistol Club Inc - Construction of ten bench rests - $2,794
- Richmond River Gun Club Inc - Construction of new steps and safety rails to three trap houses - $4,800
- Sporting Shooters Assoc Australia NSW - Urbenville/Woodenbong Branch Inc - Installation of a rainwater tank for supply to the amenities block - $1,900
- Sporting Shooters Assoc Australia NSW - Tenterfield Branch Inc - Installation of shelters at the practice range and shotgun areas - $3,250
“The main aim of this program is to increase the safety at shooting facilities in NSW as well as during club sponsored activities held away from a club's permanent base,” Mr George said.
“Congratulations on these successful applications and I look forward to seeing the benefits of these upgrades.
“It is a great pleasure to assist local clubs by providing the funds to increase the availability, standard and quality of sport facilities in the electorate” Mr George added.