$2.9 MILLON FUNDING TO SUPPORT VULNERABLE FAMILIES IN LISMORE ELECTORATE
Local services for children, young people, families and communities in the electorate will continue to support families and communities to overcome complex challenges, Member for Lismore, Thomas George announced today.
Services will receive an extension funding until mid-2017 for targeted earlier intervention and intensive programs.
This funding is part of the NSW Government’s $233 million commitment to intervening early to address issues in families which put children at risk of harm and likelihood of entering the child protection system.
“Extending funding to mid-2017 will provide certainty for our community partners that provide important services like case management, parenting programs and domestic violence support,” Mr George said.
Services supported include –
- Family Support Network Inc
- Kyogle Family Support Service Inc
- Kyogle Youth Action
- Lismore City Council
- Lismore Neighbourhood Centre Inc
- Men & Family Centre Inc
- Murwillumbah Community Centre
- Ngallingnee Jarjum Tabulam & District Community Preschool Inc
- Nimbin Neighbourhood & Information Centre
- Northern NSW Local Health District
- Northern Rivers Social Development Council
- Rekindling the Spirit Ltd
- Tenterfield Social Development Committee
- YWCA NSW
Between now and 2017 the NSW Government through the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) will work closely with service providers to co-design an improved targeted earlier intervention service system in NSW.
“It is important that the reach and impact of earlier intervention programs is maximised so families and communities have better outcomes,” Mr George said.