LISMORE ELECTORATE BUDGET WINS
Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George MP is pleased with today’s record NSW Budget.
The NSW Liberals & Nationals Government has shown financial discipline and economic competence to turn this state around from the days of Labor, making possible a Budget that will make a positive difference to the lives of all people in NSW.
The 2016-17 Budget has reported a surplus of $3.4 billion in 2015-16. The Budget forecasts an even higher surplus of $3.7 billion in 2016-17 and surpluses across the forward estimates. The State’s triple-A credit rating has been reaffirmed by both ratings agencies.
“This Budget continues our commitment to Lismore Base Hospital Stages 3a & 3b, with over $75 million this financial year to continue the redevelopment and upgrades which will make a huge difference to the lives of staff, patients and their families,” Mr George said.
Funding has also been delivered for the commencement of the new Bonalbo MPS.
In addition to health, the following funding has been provided –
- $6.848 million to Lismore, Tweed, Tenterfield & Kyogle councils for local road maintenance
- $5 million to commence construction of the new Tabulam Bridge
- $2.6 million for continued planning for the upgrade of the New England Highway at Bolivia Hill
- $2.4 million for works on the Summerland Way & Bruxner Highway
- $1.273 million social housing upgrades
- $1.4 million community transport
- School maintenance funding has been doubled throughout the State. This will be specifically identified and allocated over coming months.
All these allocations are on top of the $26 million CSG buyback earlier this financial year and $24 million commitment last week from the State & Federal Government’s for the completion of the Woodenbong-Legume Road upgrade.