Itís a huge weekend coming up in Lismore with the Masters Games. We welcome the over 1500 competitors, of which 1,000 are from as far away as New Zealand and the Northern Territory. I wish everyone a fun but safe time competing or officiating in one of the 13 sports on offer.
Regional NSW households and businesses struggling with increasing power prices could save hundreds of dollars a year off their energy bills under the nationís most comprehensive energy relief package.
Through this package all energy rebates will increase by 20 per cent, there will be discounts on energy efficient appliances and small businesses could save up to $1,900 a year.
The energy affordability package includes:
- The Low Income Household rebate increased from $235 to $285 and the Family Energy Rebate increased from $150 to $180 to help around 900,000 customers struggling to pay their bill.
- Discounts on equipment upgrades for small business to save each business up to $1900 on their yearly bill.
- Discounts for energy efficient lighting and air conditioning upgrades for all households that could lead to bill savings of up to $500 per household per year.
- Discounts for up to 23,000 concession cardholders to save up to 50 per cent on the cost of upgrading old fridges and TVs to energy saving models, saving each household an average of around $200 a year.
- An end to unnecessary charges from retailers such as fees for paper bills
- Penalties for retailers who donít move rebate recipients to a better deal
- Energy saving upgrades for up to 16,500 public housing clients to assist the stateís most vulnerable, with participating households to save an average of around $360 per year on their bills.