Lismore Echo

A reminder that from 31 January parents, guardians and carers of children residing and participating in sport and other approved physical activities in NSW can apply for the Active Kids Rebate voucher online through their MyServiceNSW account, and redeem it at their local sporting club or approved provider.

Whether your child participates in summer or winter sports or activities, Active Kids vouchers can be used until 31 December so there is no rush to claim.

For more information on the program visit or phone Service NSW on 13 77 88.

I urge school leavers or anyone looking for a career change to consider applying for one of more than 300 NSW Government scholarships to study nursing.

The scholarships support recipients to study the Diploma of Nursing, leading to registration as an Enrolled Nurse.

If working with patients and health professionals to provide compassionate care sounds interesting and rewarding, I encourage you to join the NSW Health nursing community and apply for an Enrolled Nurse scholarship.

Scholarship applications are open until 13 February 2018. The Diploma of Nursing program commences in TAFEs and Registered Training Organisations from March 2018 at various locations across NSW.

Upon course completion and registration, scholarship recipients will be offered a job as an Enrolled Nurse in a NSW Health facility (subject to standard recruitment processes).

Builders and tradespeople can now take out their compulsory insurance under the Home Building Compensation Fund through private insurers approved by the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA).

Increased choice for builders means homeowners may receive greater minimum coverage of $340,000 for defects and $340,000 for non-completion. On top of the minimum cover, the new providers may offer innovative features, such as cover for additional risks or allowing claims in additional circumstances.

Homeowners and renovators will see greater transparency in building contracts from 1 July 2018, when all builders are required to disclose the amount of HBC insurance.

All builders are required to take out insurance for residential building projects costing over $20,000. The cover protects homeowners in the event a builder cannot complete residential building work or fix defects, due to insolvency, death, disappearance or licence suspension.

Contact Details:

Office: 55 Carrington Street  LISMORE
Postal: PO Box 52  LISMORE  NSW  2480
Telephone: 1800 336 166 or 02 6621 3624
Facsimile: 02 6622 1403  Email:

Authorised by Thomas George MP. Funded using Parliamentary entitlements.