FORTY-SEVEN TAFE NSW STUDENTS HONOURED AT LISMORE AWARDS
Forty-seven TAFE NSW students have been honored with top awards at the TAFE NSW Lismore Student Awards held in Lismore this week.
Member for Lismore, Thomas George MP, congratulated the 47 winners on behalf of the NSW Government and said the awards demonstrated the importance of TAFE NSW as a training provider in the region.
“TAFE NSW is the largest provider of education and training in Australia and with 47 students picking up awards this week, shows TAFE NSW in Lismore is providing our young people with the best opportunities,” Mr George said.
“TAFE students are in high demand because of the quality of their education and ability to hit the ground running with relevant and practical skills and I am thrilled to see local students from the public VET provider receive these accolades.
“The NSW Government is delivering on its vision for a strong and publicly owned VET provider through its One TAFE NSW reforms. TAFE NSW students winning these awards demonstrate what is on offer for students if they choose to study at TAFE NSW in Lismore.
“Congratulations to the winners and I look forward to seeing even more TAFE NSW students in the region recognised in the future.”
Awards received by TAFE NSW students:
- Robyn Butler Award, Jacklyn Pulley, Certificate I in Spoken and Written English
- Student of the Year, Jali Hawkins, Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Student of the Year, Ishka Folkwell, Diploma of Screen and Media
- Design Student of the Year, Kussi Saville, Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
- Visual Arts Student of the Year, Anna-Marie Wallace, Advanced Diploma of Visual Arts
- Outstanding Commitment to Learning Award, Cornelia Adams-Armfield, Certificate II in Retail
- Claire Bryant, Trainee of the Year, Certificate III Business Administration
Photo: George Johnson who was awarded Monty’s Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student of The Year Award.